Friday, November 15, 2013

Mermet Lake - a Local Favorite

Memories of Mermet Lake are not difficult to come up with if you're from this neck of the woods... 
Mermet Lake Rectangle Magnet
Setting Sun


As a kid I have memories of fishing there with my folks and my brothers... as a teenager I have memories of cool kids going there

for parties that I was far to "hovered over" to attend even if I HAD been invited... hahaha and as an adult I have memories of shooting at Mermet with Mary very heavily during one Spring.  It remains a place that I enjoy going, but as I'm on the way I always seen to think, "Ugh... farther out here than I thought.."



Mermet Lake Rectangle Magnet
Lily Pads
These images that you're looking at now are magnets created from photos that I captured at Mermet Lake during our Spring of incessant shooting there... They're available at Flawn Ocho and are a perfect gift or stocking stuffer for any lover of Mermet Lake.. especially those who live far away and long to sit there and soak in the fresh air...  
Mermet Lake Rectangle Magnet
My FAVORITE! Laying on the dock...

Enjoy them on your fridge, filing cabinet or whatnot...
Mermet Lake Magnets
Measures 2.125" x 3.125"
Metal shell
Mylar/UV protecting cover
Flat magnetic back.
Get 'em Here --> KCoJax Local Flavor > Illinois - Land of Lincoln > Mermet Lake
Mermet Lake Rectangle Magnet
Skimming Lenses on the Lake
 
More on Mermet Lake 
Southernmost Illinois Tourism Bureau
Tourist Link
StateParks.com
Wikipedia
The Southern Illinoisian
Lake-Link.com
Mermet Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area Hunter Fact Sheet 2013 - 2014 Season
Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources
For More Info on my projects
Google
KCoJax, Flawn Ocho, Ocho-rific
If You Liked It - Share It

Have A Grand and Groovy Day!
Be Kind to One Another...
and Don't Text and Drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment